First things first, our hosts follow the local authorities’ recommendations on COVID19!
We monitor all government-issued health and safety regulations. The wellbeing of our volunteers and hosts is our top priority and we will continue to promote strict hygiene practices while taking preventative actions according to current guidelines. We are further committed to the adjusted canoe and kayak corona-guidelines by the Danish Gymnastics and Sports Associations (DGI). As a greenkayaker, you can be sure of a safe experience.
Please read & follow our guidelines to all greenkayakers carefully:
- Follow the authorities’ recommendations on COVID19 and use your common sense.
- You are only allowed to sail with the people you have been in contact with already.
- We encourage everyone to stay home if you experience symptoms.
- Respect and obey instructions from the location.
- Please bring your hand sanitizer as not every location has a sink to wash your hands at the site. We further advise you to bring and wear gloves.
- All equipment, ie. paddles, life jackets, trash bucket, pickers, and the kayak must be rinsed with water before & after use.
- Bring a towel to wipe the kayak and other equipment.
- It will not be possible to change clothes at the location. Please arrive at the location with adequate clothing for paddling.
- Storage facilities for personal belongings might be closed. Please only bring what you can carry with you onboard the GreenKayak.
Status on season 2020:
Denmark: Season 2020 has launched at specific locations – others to follow soon. Outdoor sports without body contact can be held when it is done within the framework of the general requirements and recommendations published by the health authorities and the government at coronasmitte.dk.
Germany: Currently closed – the launch of Season 2020 is on hold.
Norway: Currently closed – the launch of Season 2020 is on hold.
Sweden: Currently closed – the launch of Season 2020 is on hold.
Ireland: Currently closed – the launch of Season 2020 is on hold.
STAY SAFE – and paddle for the environment!